Friday, August 22, 2008

Spagetti Sauce

Spaghetti Sauce Recipe:
2 lbs. Lean Hamb.
2 Jimmy Deans Sausage(ground in plastic roll)
1 Garlic clove minced (see picture below)
1 Large Onion Chopped(I do not do it very fine)
Generously Salt and Pepper
Cook until meat is almost done and
Onions are not browned but cooked.
Stirring often.
I like the meat in pretty large chunks.
When Preparing Garlic:
Cut off roots then smash cloves under knife as shown.
I usually use a wider Knife.
Then pick out skins and discard.
Smash and chop garlic until desired chop.Drain well.
Add 1 cup Red Wine
2 Large Cans Diced Tomatoes
2 Large Cans Tomato Sauce
2 Large Cans Tomato Puree
This is just a suggestion. You can use fresh tomatoes,
all Puree or whatever you have.
Last..BUT NOT LEAST!
Add 1 bunch Basil(chopped)
1/2 Bunch Parsley(chopped)
1/2 Bunch Sage(chopped)
1 T Oregano
Simmer for 10 minutes.
Serve
I like to serve this over Spaghetti, Pre-made Ravioli or Tortellini(which you can find either pre-made at your supermarket.
Use your left overs to make Lasagna or Manacodi.
Really Good the next day or two.
These nifty serving size wine containers work great for cooking.
You do not have to have a large container opened. If you have an aversion to Alcohol Don't use it! I do use some Alcoholic Beverages in my cooking. Although I choose to never drink it.... My Addiction of choice is the beverage to the right.

No comments: