Monday, October 20, 2008

Before and After

This is really hard for me to do...I hate pictures of myself!
But I wanted to tell my teeth story.
Ok....I really need a facial, a good nights sleep and a makeover.
Maybe a little Botox! Heck, a little makeup wouldn't hurt!
Dr. Peterson......
MAYBE THE EYES, NECK, THE WHOLE FACE!
PENCIL ME IN!!!
But, here are my new teeth!!!
I am so glad they are done!
But Seriously...if anyone out there is thinking about having their teeth capped or lumineered.
The anticipation of pain was the worst part for me.
Once I was actually at the Dentist, it was great.
I never had ANY pain!!!!!
Really!
My Dentist Dr. Staples is the best!
He always kept me numb, I had the Nitro,
His staff is amazing too!
They are very very competent!
I highly recommend Dr. Staples and Staff!
Staples Dental Care: 435-673-9606
More details:
Read on if you are interested:
I got along so great with the Nitro (gas) and numbing, that I do not think I would opt for the Conscious Sedation again. I had it twice, and once I had the Nitro and Numbing.
My dental work took three visits.
First: 1 root canal, Grind down top teeth, apply temps on top.
Second: Grind down bottom teeth, apply temps on bottom.
take temps off of tops and apply Permanent teeth.
Third: Take temps off bottom, apply Permanent bottoms.
I had this done, because I wanted my bottom teeth straightened, and my silver fillings drilled out and filled with white.
The top teeth seemed fine to me.
After consulting with Dr. Staples, he recommended that I have every tooth capped and lumineers on the front 6, because...my teeth had such large fillings, they could not really drill them out without my teeth cracking and breaking. I already had some cracking which he showed me.
I needed 1 tooth recapped. If you do a few teeth at a time, the dentist cannot alter the bite, length, etc. But if you do all of your teeth at once, the dentist can alter and build the teeth to be esthetically right and perfect. I guess I had never really noticed that when I smiled, my gums showed on the top. But, after pointing that out to me, I was Yea.....
So Dr. Staples also lasered my gums up so I now have a longer tooth, and no Gums showing!
If you click on the top picture and enlarge...(ohhh scary) you can see my top gums showing a lot!
I also opted to do the Elites on the front 6, which means they have some minor imperfections, made to look like real teeth.
I went 1 shade whiter than my real teeth.
So long story, but if you are looking into doing this... I highly recommend it.
My bite feels great! I have never been in pain or uncomfortable at all!
Insurance does not pay for much if any of this, but Dr. Staples will give you a cash discount, and in a few visits, your dental woes are over!
My Husband Kendall has also had all of his teeth capped.
He had his done over like a year.
I am glad I had all mine done at once!
I think it really does work out better.
I have to go in for cleanings every 6 months, but I shouldn't have to have any more dental work done for 15-20 yrs.
That alone is worth it!
Call Dr. Staples!!!!!

1 comment:

Sandi said...

They look stunning!!!! did you get your hair cut? It looks cute.