Sunday, October 26, 2008

Baptism Cake and Cupcakes

Our church believes that at age 8 a child is accountable.
So that is the age they are baptised and confirmed a member of the LDS church. I made a Baptism Cake and Cupcakes for Jacob a little boy that was just baptised.
His Grandma called me to make him something special,
with a spiritual connotation, but boyish.
I really had to brain storm about this.
So I made a sword cake, representing the stripling warriors.
The Shield I bought and then altered it by
putting Jacobs name on it.
The papers in the background have the scriptures for putting on the Armour of God,
and the Picture and story of the Stripling Warriors.
The Cupcakes are in gold wrappers, have gold chocolate coins(shields)
and I wrote CTR on them.
The Book of Mormon is opened to Alma.
Jacob loved it!
When I got back to his Grandma Peggy,
she loved the idea and said that they actually collect swords.
So it worked out good I think.
Chocolate Cake with my homemade fondant,
and Vanilla Cupcakes with Vanilla Butter cream.
The sword(I wish I would have taken a close up)was gray fondant
on the blade with decorating silver powder brushed on,
the guard was gold fondant with gold powder dusted on to make it look like real gold.
It also had embellishment's of black scrolls, black diamond shapes
with Red Jel topped with Red sprinkles to look like Ruby's.
The handle, black fondant with rolled stripes to look like leather.
It was a fun project!

No comments: