Monday, November 22, 2010

Chili Relleno Casserole

 Before Cooking.
Very Fluffy!
I usually dbl recipes
and send 1 home with
kids.
 Little bugged by 
how many dirty dishes
I created with this recipe!
 Looking YUMMY!
My Rice Cooker
that Shaun bought me.
I added the rice, (long grain)
1 can enchilada sauce and
not quite as much
water as i would normally use
because of the sauce.
This cooker makes AMAZING Rice!
You can purchase them
at Dixie Nutrition.


Chili Relleno Casserole
4-6 Small Cans Whole green chilies, or 1 large can

*1 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded or thick sliced
*1 cup Jack Cheese, shredded or thick sliced
4 Eggs, Separated
1 Can Evaporated Milk, 12 oz.
3 Tbsp Flour
2 t. cumin
1 t. garlic salt
Seasoned meat, optional

Split and flatten chillies to cover bottom of a 9x13 casserole pan
Cover with a thick layer of cheddar
Optional: add a layer of mexican seasoned burger or shredded beef
Add remaining chilies, top with jack cheese
Wisk yolks, flour and milk together
Beat egg whites with a mixer until stiff and peaks form
Fold egg whites into yolk mixture, pour over chilies
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes

I found this recipe on a fun website:
I added a few ingredients
from her recipe,
but it was really good!
She has some good looking recipes!
Check out her site

No comments: