Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Because I have been given much!

I hope my friend Ria does not mind me downloading these pictures off of her facebook post..... They touched my heart!
We have the gospel available to us...just as they have! That is what is important in this life! But can you truly imagine living in the conditions that others have to endure!
See the Picture on the Wall!
These pictures remind me of where my son Shaun served his mission in Brazil. I just want to break out singing my favorite song....
Because I have been given much I too must give. Because of thy great bounty Lord each day I live. I shall divide my gifts from thee with every brother that I see That has the need of help from me. Because I have been sheltered fed by thy good care; I can not see another's lack and I not share, my glowing fire, my loaf of bread, my roof's safe shelter overhead, that he too may be comforted. Because I have been blessed by thy great love, dear Lord; I'll share that love again according to thy word. I shall give love to those in need, I'll show that love by word and deed: thus shall my thanks be thanks, indeed."
Thank you Ria, Hannah, Jamie, Courtney, and all others who serve others for your selflessness and service. I am sure your presence in the Dominican Republic blessed the lives of those people.

No comments: