Monday, August 3, 2009

THIS WEEKS CAKES:

I think this is one of my favorite cakes we have done. Probably because I LOVE the flowers that Bloomers put on the cake! I love Orange. This cake was all cake: The Top Tier was Vanilla with Bavarian Cream Filling Chocolate Fudge Butter cream Covered with White Fondant. It has cut out flowers, piping, and fondant swirls. We cut the flowers out to look like eyelet. This event was held at the Opera House.
This wedding was in Minersville. I seriously don't think I have ever been there! The wedding was beautiful, held in a backyard. Forevermore Events did a great job of designing and setting up the event. I took a picture of the darling Ice Cream Bar. This was the largest cake we have done to date this year! A total of 4 tiers and a dbl so really 6 tiers.
It was so fun!
I guess my own kids cakes were larger. Yikes!
Above cake had pink gerbers and pink roses.
Flavors were White Cake with Raspberry Cream Filling and Raspberry Swirl Cake with Vanilla Cream Cheese Filling. White Fondant with Black fondant swirls and Hot pink Dots. Round/Square The largest round tier was 10" Tall x 20".
Super Size It! Amazing!
This cake was for a 50th Wedding Anniversary.
Jennifer made the beautiful apple blossoms.
The blossoms were dusted with gold dust
along with the Stamens.
The couple had apple orchards
so this was a depiction of their life.
The colors for the party were
Black, Gold and Red.
This is our round wooden stand...
made by Kendall
We cover the middle section to
match the cake and event colors.
This Party was at the Abby Inn.
Cake was all Cake
Vanilla with Vanilla Butter cream
and
Chocolate with Chocolate Fudge Butter cream
YUM!
This would be my 1st choice of flavors I think.
This was ALL cake
White cake with Yummy Strawberry Filling.
Also a Cream Cheese Layer.
It is hard to see but there were
also silver dragees
on and around the middle layer
adding a touch of silver bling.
This is the transformation that the
floral work does to our cakes!
Bloomers work was amazing as usual!
The stand is Glass on Beautiful Silver Vases.
This is sad...
I did not get a picture of this cake
after the flowers were applied!
It was supposed to get little bunches of
Kermit's, Bells of Ireland (both my faves)
and Hot Pink Flowers of some kind.
They were placed at the bottom of the V's
This is a stand that Jeremy's cousin Nick made for us...
In trade for his sisters Wedding Cake.
Nice!
The stand is beautiful!
My handy husband made us this cupcake stand too.
It actually has 2 more tiers!
It is one Big Daddy Stand!
Once again a Bare Naked Cake...
Bloomers had not yet worked their magic on this cake!
I will add a picture if and when I get it.
It makes such a BIG difference!
This cake was Coconut with Vanilla Butter cream.
The Cupcakes were:
Pina Colada infused with Rum flavoring and Pineapple.
and
Key Lime with Fresh Lime Cream Cheese Frosting!
YUM!

1 comment:

Creating Night Owl said...

We had bad luck with our cakes this week....before delivery we actually redid the fondant on 2 cakes. No good! Just too hot?
Wish I had a good answer! The fondant seemed really soft to us. Softer than normal.... Well all was well when said and done. Want those babies perfect!